- Home > About KCA > Consumer Dispute Settlement Commission
- About CDSC
- Established at the KCA to mediate consumer dispute cases in accordance with Article 60 of the Framework Act on Consumer.
- Comprised of 30 committee members including one Chairman
|Standing Commissioners||Non-Standing Commissioners||Total|
|※ The CDSC is comprised of members equally nominated by consumer and business organizations nationwide|
- Status of Experts by Sector
- Committee members are appointed by region (Yeongnam, Honam, Chungcheong, Jeju) and regional committee meetings are held for the convenience of rural consumers.
- Expert advisory committees related to 33 different fields (138 members).
- Mediation Procedure & Effect
- Mediation Applicant
- President of KCA and consumer organizations stated in Article 29 of the Framework Act on Consumer.
- Operation of Committee
- Chairman and Standing Commissioner, and 5~7 Committee members appointed by the Chairman for each meeting
- Procedure for Mediation Request
- Consumers can seek redress to the KCA, consumer organizations or local governments
- KCA and consumer organizations recommend conciliation
- If both parties fail to reach a comprise within 30 days, the case is referred to the CDSC for mediation
- To mediate dispute cases, the CDSC conducts investigations, tests/inspections, consults with expert committees and gathers opinions from related parties, consumer organizations and government ministries
- Mediation decisions are notified to the relevant parties
- If both parties accept the mediation decision within 15 days from the date of receiving notification or if failing to respond within the same period, the mediation decision is considered to be effective
- Effect of Mediation
- The mediation decision has the same judicial effect as the court of law
- If the business does not comply with the mediation decision, the court can order the Execution of Judgment
- Lawsuit Assistance
- If business’ default is certain and the business is capable of providing compensation, consumers who wish to file civil suits are provided legal assistance, if requested
- 30 attorneys have been appointed to provide legal assistance
- ※ If cases are won, consumers partially pay for attorney fee. If cases are lost, consumers don’t have to bear the cost
- Management Performance
- Committee meetings are held 1~2 times a week
- Number of meetings